It's been very slow going lately.... So slow that I lost all motivation to fill any of you in with what is slowly happening. A few of you have been asking so I guess it's time to do a post that isn't all sunshine and lollipops.....
These windows..... We just can not catch a break. They have really held up progress, nothing has gone off without a hitch. So I will give you a quick run down.....it's a bullet point kind of fill in, full sentences will use too much energy on something that had already been the biggest energy sucker yet.
- 4 weeks ago we were ready for the windows. Some of the windows arrive, with unwanted vision rails...as you know. They are sent back.
- 2 weeks after that some more windows arrive which all have to be sent back because they arrive looking like this.
- They return the bulk of the repaired windows over the last week. Excluding the sliding part of the kitchen window, which was dropped on it's way out to us. (Beginning to feel like our windows are actually starring in their very own slapstick comedy)
- Realise that the other part of the kitchen window has been made to slide the wrong way anyway... Has to be sent back.
- Site glazers come out to place the glass in all large windows. I take the day off to clean all the birds nests and poop off the newly polished concrete floor that was supposed to be in a weathertight house. We figure we'll just board the kitchen window up to finally make us weather and bird proof.
- Except.... The have completely forgotten to order one of the large raking triangle windows and the large window above the front door.
- I'm proud to say I haven't cried since the vision rails (yep, still embarrassed about that)
- As unfortunate as the experience has been, at least Vistalite haven't backed out on us once. They have had many screw ups but they are fronting up to all of them. And the windows we finally have in, we love!